Virtualisation and consolidation
Virtualisation and consolidation can save your business time and money, whilst at the same time allowing you to focus on business innovation rather than IT maintenance.
However, it can be difficult to break through the technological jargon and get to the root of what virtualisation and consolidation are and how they can benefit your business.
Here’s the do it smarter explanation:
What are Virtualisation and Consolidation?
- Virtualisation is the creation of a virtual, as opposed to an actual, version of something, such as an operating system, server or storage device.
- Consolidation is, quite literally, the consolidation of multiple IT resources into one, managed location. For example the virtualisation of multiple servers and their relocation to a single data centre.
How can they help My Business?
Virtualisation and consolidation improve businesses’ efficiency and save them money. Here’s how:
- Consolidating your servers into one place allows you to take full advantage of your existing IT resources.
- Reducing your physical servers means you don’t have to spend as much money on maintenance, cooling systems or electricity, reducing your carbon footprint in the process.
- Planning maintenance for out-of-work hours means your IT systems will always be in tip-top condition when it matters most.
- If any problems do occur, enhanced backup and file recovery services mean you never have to worry about losing vital information.